Monday, September 20, 2010

The Book Thief


What can I say that has not already been said?  The book thief herself discovers the greatest and most powerful persuader, weapon, soother, instrument of all.  Words.  Words can create anything.  Funny little men who part their hair on the opposite side of everybody else and grow small, stupid mustaches use words to control a nation and murder millions without ever having to lift a gun or sword himself.  

Growing girls can use words to call out to those she loves the best.

Or build bridges to those she can't reach.

She can haunt Death, himself with words from her heart.  

Words.

4 comments:

Lisa_Gibson said...

Words are so powerful, aren't they. I have this to read and can never seem to get to it. I need to make the time soon.
Lisa ~ YA Literature Lover

CountessLaurie said...

I can't wait to read this one!

Jessica ( frellathon ) said...

I loved this book very much. It really is a great and beautiful read.

Joann said...

The Book Thief is my daughters favorite book. I read it but found it too sad.
jbdownie5@yahoo.com