Friday, October 29, 2010

Torment by Lauren Kate




I wasn't going to read this one because I was rather tired of Luce being such a victim of her destiny. She and Daniel were destined to be together because it is love, true and eternal love. Total acceptance, all feeling, no brain. I also expected the second book to be a place holder - kind of like Jacob was while Edward went and hid or whatever.

Turns out, I liked this one better than the first one. First of all, the author takes us to a different setting - completely different which keeps up the interest. She also introduces us to new and interesting characters; Jasmine, Dawn, Shelby and Miles along with Francesca and Steven who are in background but not very far. All add something to the story. Except for Jasmine. She's just there. Shelby grew on me, Miles is the underdog I'm rooting for, Dawn is a small distraction, Phil is a strange introduction to what the Outcasts want (Luce), and Steven and Francesca intrigue me.

I loved the ending. Without giving anything away, I loved that Luce FINALLY used her brain, made an independent choice, and took control of her own life. This one, anyway.

Can't wait for #3.

1 comment:

justpeachy36 said...

I have Fallen but I haven't read it yet... I do so many reviews that time to read the books I want to read falls by the wayside sometimes... but I plan to buy Torment as well for when I have the time to read them...