Friday, December 24, 2010

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2)Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Feisty teen Nora Grey somehow survived the crises of Hush, Hush!, but dangers just as frightening loom in this standalone sequel. Patch, her guardian angel and love interest, appears to have a dark side and a wandering eye. Worse yet, he seems intent on obstructing Nora as she hunts for the truth behind her father's mysterious death.

My Take: Could she be any more Borderline Personality? I love you! I hate you! I love you! I never want to see you again but I'll stalk you! Speaking of stalking, Nora has her share of those. I think I'd be working on a few restraining orders.

Besides the creepy stalking everybody seems to be doing, I must say, I had no idea what was going to happen next. The book starts where the last one left off. This one can't be read alone but needs the introduction of Hush, Hush. It is clearly part of a trilogy but not simply a place holder. It's action. Packed. If you can get past the personality disorders and brooding narcissism, the story is intensely enjoyable.

No comments: