Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Reached by Allie Condie

Reached (Matched, #3)Reached by Ally Condie
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I loved the first book of this series. The second book I really liked although it kind of dragged. I feel pretty "Meh" about the final book. Instead of trying to impress anybody of my superior intellect and deep creative style, I will tell the truth. I didn't get it.

Poetry is dropped into the prose and no matter how much I twisted it, I couldn't see how it fit or made sense with the story. I am also somewhat certain that the colors were significant but I couldn't quite make a satisying connection. I think there was a lot of symbolism in the pictures, the Gallery, the poetry, the physic, poet, and pilot but I failed to see a logical connection. It felt like walking into the middle of a conversation where norms had already been established as had inside understanding but I missed it thus didn't understand the significance.

If you've already read the first two books of the trilogy, I recommend finishing it off with the third. I think I would also suggest starting over, though. I read the books as the came out so each one was a year apart. Maybe I would have understood the symbolism and connected the logic if the other books were fresher on my mind.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

Patricia Eimer said...

It went all symbolical? Aw man. I'm goign to read it because I read the other two but really-- can't the dress just be red and let's leave it at that?