Wednesday, June 17, 2015

The Ice Twins by S.K. Tremayne

The Ice TwinsThe Ice Twins by S.K. Tremayne
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book was unpredictable. Sure, I saw some of the story lines emerge that I would expect but I truly did not know which twin was the one that lived and died and I definitely didn't predict the final twist at the end. It was creepy. The identical twins were creepy. Yet when it was all said and done, it was quite sad. Why only 3 stars? Surprisingly, it just didn't grab me like I wanted it to. Not that it won't grab others, I just wasn't in the mood for a creepy, ghost-y story. I did skim the parts where the protagonist waxes philosophical and thoughtful while she describes the Scotland landscape. Someone who loves Scotland would probably enjoy that part. I like Scotland. I find the lighthouse island intriguing but rather creepy. So creepy it is.


No comments: