Monday, August 6, 2012

Pushing the LimitsPushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5 Stars

I liked this book for reasons different than a typical reader might like it. Yes, the Noah - Echo romance and story was cute and kind of sweet at times but what I was really watching was the psychological development. I liked watching the social worker's methodology and the way she interacted with both Noah and Echo. I liked to see her techniques along with the outcomes.

Both protagonists have good and bad about their characters. Noah is a slut and a potty mouth. Just warning you. Echo is a classic case of repressed memories. The truth is too difficult for her to handle. When it comes in pieces, she starts to fall apart. It is through the strengthening of herself and her relationships with both Noah and her father that she finds her own strength.

I really liked how both protagonists characters develop. I thought the whole social standing thing was over-rated and pretty stupid. I did enjoy Echo's transformation as she gains self-confidence and learns to trust those closest to her. Noah's decisions are pretty heart wrenching but I thought the ending was appropriate and well written.

Like life, the story doesn't end in a nice, pretty package. But it's a nice beginning to what can come.

View all my reviews

No comments: