Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Alive by Scott Sigler

Alive (The Generations Trilogy, #1)Alive by Scott Sigler
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

After I started reading the book I regretted it. Not because it didn't grab me because it did. It was foreign yet descriptive but I thought I was reading a reincarnation of another book, an oldie but goody, Lord of the Flies. You know, chaos, attempts at order and all that stuff. Turns out, I was wrong, although there is a some of that. Then I saw the ending coming too soon and thought I was going to finish the book without a proper ending. You know those books you read and provide absolutely no closure for the simple reason that authors refuse to write one book but a long, drawn out trilogy? I hate those. Fortunately, I was wrong again. There are a great many twists and turns and this is book 1 of a series. The author leaves the story open for a continuation but wraps the book up enough that I feel satisfied. Enough explanation is provided that I'm glad I spent the time consuming the story because it ended right where it needed to.

I liked it.


No comments: