Wednesday, December 13, 2017

The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo

The Seven Husbands of Evelyn HugoThe Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Thanks Netgalley for a digital ARC.

I did not love this book. I understood why the story had to be the way it was because of the underlying drive of Evelyn Hugo. The writing is, as usual, amazing. The author is masterful at communicating emotion and circumstance. I didn't like any of the characters except, perhaps, Harry. I felt dirty after reading it. A lot of the subject matter was uncomfortable for me. The basic premise is that Evelyn Hugo, an American born Cuban girl, is driven to be successful in Hollywood. Her success is often attached to who she is married to. Each marriage outlines a different relationship. They are all complex yet very, very different.

This book is slightly graphic in parts and may include sexual scenes both hetero and homosexual in nature.

View all my reviews

No comments: