Sunday, July 1, 2018

Review: Slayer

Slayer Slayer by Kiersten White
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Nina is the underdog. She's Artemis' twin who is strong and quick. Her father was a Watcher who died in the line of duty to save a Slayer.

The story, as it is now written, begins after a big epic battle occurred and a whole lot of stuff happened. I don't know if this happened in the "Buffy" series or not so I guess I can't be critical that I was confused and felt like I walked into the middle of a movie. Truthfully, White does a good job catching the reader up on the main points of the battle and what happened.

I feel a little disappointed, as I often do with first books in series, however. I don't like all the hanging threads and I don't like where the characters are at the end of this book. I do, however, LOVE the last little twist at the end. That twist will make the remainder of the books in the series much, much more fun.

I was provided a review copy of this book by the publisher via Edelweiss in return for an honest review.

View all my reviews

No comments: