Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Review: An Emotion of Great Delight

An Emotion of Great Delight An Emotion of Great Delight by Tahereh Mafi
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Tahereh Mafi has written some really great books. I did not enjoy this ne as much as others. I appreciated the clean read, a cultural understanding of Islam, and the bigotry Muslim women face in America. This is excellent literature. What I really didn’t like was something others will definitely like. So. Many. Words. Describing. A. Touch. Or a near touch. Or being near to someone. Describing the smallest details in excruciating detail. It went on and on and on. It ignited, it thrilled. It delighted, it did more than a touch has ever done for me. It went on for pages. I wanted the story. And, yea, I get it. It’s something that replaces sex on the page. If that’s what you like, the romance, the every little detail, you will love this book.

View all my reviews

No comments: