Monday, August 2, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 8/2

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.  This meme is hosted by Book Journey

This week I am working on 
The Eternal Ones Rules of BetrayalThink of a Number: A Novel 

Last week I read
Matched 
and I can NOT wait for the sequel.  This one comes out in November.  The best YA since "Hunger Games."

I also read 
Christians Are Hate-Filled Hypocrites...and Other Lies You've Been Told: A Sociologist Shatters Myths From the Secular and Christian Media  Shoulder Bags and Shootings (Haley Randolph Mysteries) 
and finished up 
Healer: A Novel (The Brides of Alba Series) 
which will be reviewed on August 15th.

What are YOU reading this week?

9 comments:

Emma said...

Just stopping by to see what everyone else is reading this week, or just finished. Hatched looks interesting and its a book that I have not heard of before, I will have to check in out.

I am currently reading The Passage and Dragonfly in Amber...and trying to reading a book from my book club: The Assasins Apprentice by Robin Hobb. So far so good.

Happy reading

http://emma-thebookworm.blogspot.com/

Teddyree said...

Wow you definitely got my attention with Hatched "The best YA since Hunger Games" it's going straight on my wishlist!
Looking forward to your thoughts on The Eternal Ones. Happy reading :)

Jan von Harz said...

Oh high praise for Matched, guess I better hop to and get this one. Have a great week.

Amy DM said...

Reading right now:
Entranced by Nora Roberts,
Waiting for Snow in Havana by Carlos Eire.

About to read:
Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers

Also on the nightstand:
Flight to Heaven by Capt. Dale Black (yes! your package arrived Saturday!)
Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell
Thomas Hardy's Tess of the D'Urbervilles
Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Matched sounds wonderful! When you say you are ready for the sequel that makes me want to read it even more! :D

Gerbera Daisy Diaries said...

What a great reading week -- and one to come!
thanks for visiting my blog.

Kelly said...

Matched sounds great, I hope you are enjoying it!

danya said...

Oooh, Matched is already on my wishlist but ranking it near The Hunger Games is high praise indeed! Can't wait!

Martha Eskuchen said...

You had some good books last week and this. Hatched looks so interesting.
I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on Think of A Number.