Welcome to the third annual DEBUT AUTHOR CHALLENGE!
The Story Siren is hosting her third annual Debut Author Challenge! Wahoo! Dance around the house! Okay done.
I am really going to stretch myself this year and try to read at least 12 YA or Middle Grade debut authors because, as you may or may not know, 1) I read too much and 2) I work at a high school so I have WAAAAYYYYY too much access to these books and 3) Let's call it a public service to my students, shall we?
2011 Debut Author Challenge participant information:
- The objective of the DAC is to read at least twelve novels from Young Adult or Middle Grade Authors. While twelve is the minimum there is no maximum limit! I encourage readers who can read more than twelve to do so!
- Anyone can join. You don't have to be a blogger, and you don't have to live in the United States.
- You do not have to have an blog written in English to participate.
You can join at anytime.Deadline to join is November 20, 2011. (not 2010 you still have PLENTY of time to sign up!) The challenge runs from January 1, 2011 to December 31, 2011.
- Books must be a Young Adult or Middle Grade novel.
- DO NOTE: Just because a book has a teen character or is about a teen, does not mean that it is necessarily a Young Adult novel.
- This must be the authors debut with a release date in 2011.
- If an author has a previous novel published under adult fiction/nonfiction or children's fiction/nonfiction, they can still qualify for the challenge if they are releasing their YA or MG debut.
TMI? I was afraid so.