Thursday, July 21, 2011

Justice by Karen Robarbs Review

JusticeJustice by Karen Robarbs

To be fair, I didn't finish this book. I read three quarters of it then the ending and I kind of hated it. The plot seemed thin and there was far too much internal dialogue. Above all, the protagonist, Jess, and her self appointed bodyguard, Mark, had a stupid sexual tension thing going on that wasted precious space. There was the constant rehashing of how they blew it in a previous book. Over and over and over again. It was redundant. Apparently, in a previous book, Jess was in a car accident with the first lady, Annette Cooper who died. In fact, everybody died except Jess. And it wasn't an accident but a murder. Since Mark was part of Annette Cooper's security detail, he took it upon himself to protect Jess from being killed by the CIA, FBI, NSA and whoever else. Fire ignited, hot sex then Jess caught Mark kissing her boss so she ended it. By the way, he kept saving her life prior to that. In this book, he keeps saving her life and she keeps insulting him because her personality leaves much to be desired. If I had to rate this one, I'd give it 2 stars but only if I could lower my standards to "Romance Novel." I didn't like it.

No comments: