Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Siren's Storm by Lisa Papademetriou

Siren's StormSiren's Storm by Lisa Papademetriou

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a good first novel in a set. I assume there will be more in the series since interesting information was revealed by the end of the book and some of the questions were not fully answered. The author fleshed out the main characters and provided a comprehensive back-story on the Siren creature. Asia is an extremely likeable non-human. Will, one of the protagonists, is a clueless and rather immature boy who I hope to see growth in the relationship arena. Gretchen is a free-spirited funny girl who requires more revelation regarding her origins. Turns out, she is adopted and that seems to be a key to her quirkiness.

Love the cover. This is who I saw whenever Asia made an appearance. I do hope she is not gone, GONE. Her story could definitely continue with the new revelations at the end of the book. Loved the new story line using Sirens as the paranormal creatures. Although I still yearn to finish certain fallen angel series, I'm so finished with vampires and quite satisfied with my favorite werewolves in Minnesota.

I don't feel like the story is complete although the book can stand alone if the reader really wants it to. Me? I'd like to see more of what comes next.


No comments: