Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick Review

Silence (Hush, Hush, #3)
Title: Silence
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Genre: YA Paranormal
Published: 10/4/11
Pages: 438
The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past...bridged two irreconcilable worlds...faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust...and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for—and their love—forever.
My take: I've read the first two books. I thought it would be a trilogy. I thought wrong. This is number three and there is clearly another on its way. It is not just a filler book. It has substance, although not as much as the the first two. It was interesting and did what I wanted it to do - sucked me into another world where I am not the main character. As much as I like myself, it's nice to have a break.


My only frustration was my own memory. Last book left us with Nora and Patch being caught at the amusement park. This book begins with Nora waking up in a cemetery three months later and having no recollection of the past 5 months. This was somewhat helpful because I didn't remember the particulars of Nora's and Patch's history. Although much was filled in, Fitzpatrick was not redundant for those who have either recently read the first two books or remember them better than I did.

Again, not redundant as Nora gathers not only her history with this fallen angel but also what occurred between the moment she and Patch were separated and when she awoke. The "Black Hand" is revealed (maybe he was revealed in the last book? I don't remember) but the best part was the end. I have my theories of where the author will go with this, given what a fallen angel does with a Nephilian during a Jewish holiday and it keeps me intrigued for the next book.

No comments: