Monday, February 10, 2020

Review: Craigslist Confessional: A Collection of Secrets from Anonymous Strangers

Craigslist Confessional: A Collection of Secrets from Anonymous Strangers Craigslist Confessional: A Collection of Secrets from Anonymous Strangers by Helena Dea Bala
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I seriously loved the way the author gave a voice to so many people without one. Each chapter is a different person and each person has a different voice. It is abundantly clear that the author stayed as close as she could to the person's narrative. I was particularly moved by the Black man who gave me a very real picture of being an upper middle class man, living in an upper middle class neighborhood and fearing the moments when his sons would discover the ugly realities of being Black. And then they did and my heart broke.

View all my reviews

No comments: