Monday, February 10, 2020

Review: Why Did I Get a B?: And Other Mysteries We're Discussing in the Faculty Lounge

Why Did I Get a B?: And Other Mysteries We're Discussing in the Faculty Lounge Why Did I Get a B?: And Other Mysteries We're Discussing in the Faculty Lounge by Shannon Reed
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have so much to say about this book. All of it positive and much of it thoughtful and/or funny. So much of this book hit right at my heart. I have had my Paulie’s and I have never forgotten them, haven’t forgiven myself for letting them down, but knew I had to protect my other students. I’ve had one or two Stans. I have had many inept admin and colleagues. I had no burning or singing angels but I know my vocation is not an accident. I’ve learned a lot over the years yet the author has pointed out how much I still don’t know and probably never will. My skin color, my place of birth, and my socioeconomic status and parental support gave me a huge advantage. African American students at my school are either adopted by whites parents or bi-racial and none of them are inner city.

Excellent book for a seasoned educator. Recommended for all.

View all my reviews

No comments: